This weekend was a blast! I went down to Powers and celebrated my grandpa Howard Leatherman's 90th birthday and also my grandma Louise's 72nd birthday. They both have a birthday on August 11th, but we decided to throw this big party this weekend because a lot of our family camps out at the Powers County Park in July every year. And grandpas don't turn 90 every day! Aunt Julie coordinated it all and delegated, and it went so good. All of the decorations and posters and photos and the memory book went off as planned. The catered food was great, the cake was awesome, and everyone showed up! My grandpa was so happy to see everyone there. There was a wedding and also a funeral in Powers the same day as our party, so we were thinking that maybe some people wouldn't come. As it turns out, more people came than we thought! Grandma read the guest book yesterday and the people that signed the book (which not everyone does) was topped out a 225! Amazing. I got to see and visit with so many family members and friends that I hadn't seen in so long. It was awesome.
21 July 2008
90th Birthday Weekend
During the time we were not at the park, I got to visit with Les and Candi Walker, who I had not seen in years. Like 10-12 years to be exact. Les was the emcee and announcer of the party and he is the best man for the job. He's known my grandpa for 36 years and has numerous hilarious stories to tell about the two of them. He told the story of the first time he ever met grandpa and he had everyone in stitches the entire time. We got to visit with them because they stayed at the ranch with me. We stayed up eating and drinking and laughing, and it was so fun. I also got to ride around the ranch, which I hadn't done in a long time. I missed it, I knew, but I didn't realize how MUCH I missed it until I was back on those roads and seeing those acres.
I have all my pics posted to Facebook here.
Posted by Shannon at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was good to see everyone. I am so glad that we made it for the party, I am also happy I got to whitness Gram opening her cards LOL.
And jumping out of her chair at the musical ones LOL! She cracks me up!
Post a Comment