

The leaves have been so beautiful around my place this past week. Yesterday was the darkest, rainiest day of the year so far, yet this morning when I opened the door to my back stair way, I was literally blinded by the golden leaves outside on the landing. I took a couple pictures on my phone. It was a nice reminder that there is beauty all around me even in the midst of darkness and crud.
I am dispatching for TIP this week, so that means I have more time at home, which means I am on the computer more. If that is even possible! And today I feel like writing, I just don't know what about yet. Too much is on my mind that I want to write about. I have sat down to write it out about 8 times in the last few weeks, and just can't organize it all. It's all swimming around, and I just wish it would stop for a second so I could get it out. Because writing it out helps me so much. But I'm doing fine with it, just processing things. I know it will all settle eventually.
It has been a crazy two days for calls. Yesterday I had 3 calls go out. Right now, I have both of my volunteers out on two calls that came across the pager within about 10 minutes of each other. And they are the 3rd and 4th calls of the day, with 6 hours of the shift left. Crazy. I am praying I don't get another one before one of them 99s because I have no one else on call, and would have to start making cold calls. Arg! I am happy to be doing this though, even if it gets a little insane sometimes.
You know, there is darkness all around us, every day. For me and my life, I see tragic TIP calls, stormy fall/winter weather, early nights where it gets dark at 4:3oPM, tough issues I am wrestling with and chewing over mentally and emotionally that sometimes seem like they'll never end, elections and campaigns with hatred and judgment plastered everywhere, war waging in the streets and in the world. But everyone has a patch of bright golden leaves waiting to be discovered and to put a smile on someone's face and to light up their hearts. Where are your beautiful leaves in life?
"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." -Isaiah 42:16

0 comments:
Post a Comment