Life is pretty crazy lately. I feel like I haven't had spare time in a while, but I really have. I have just been going from one thing to the other so quickly that it hasn't seemed like I have slowed down much. It's been good though, I'm lucky to have some income and partial job security. I have been temp nannying for 3 families pretty steadily. They are all great! Caitlin, Larissa, Alex, Tyler, Sabrina & Sophia. And next month, I will meet a new family in West Linn and work for them for 3 days. I have really been enjoying getting to know the Cole family. What awesome people!! God brings amazing people into our lives at just the right times...
16 September 2008
La Vida Loca + Wedding Bells!!
I went to Seattle for the day yesterday, just to get away. It was SO GREAT. I had not been there since college when I traveled there with my volleyball team to play Northwest College in Kirkland. So we didn't really get a chance to explore. Yesterday I had lunch on the Puget Sound, walked around downtown and visited Pike's Place, had coffee (twice!), walked on the waterfront, and went to the Space Needle just in time to see the sunset. I was graced with road construction traffic going through Chehalis on the way back, didn't get home until around 11pm. That part sucked. But it was SO FUN to just get away and see a different city. I really enjoy Seattle. The water and hills are so beautiful.
I am going to see the Raconteurs tonight with a friend. I have never seen them and I haven't heard much of their stuff. But what I have heard, I like a lot! So that should be fun.
I leave Thursday to go down to my dad's house. His birthday is that day, and I haven't gotten to see him on his birthday in a long time. And my fabulous sister Jessica is getting married this Saturday in the back yard of my dad's house. It has been a long time coming. Brian and her have 2 beautiful children together, are building a home together, and have 13 years in the making together. I am so excited and happy for my sister. She has wanted and needed this in her life and in her heart. I can't wait to share in her special day :)
I am meeting with Kate, a lady from Elders In Action (who I volunteer with) about possible career/job opportunities on Friday the 26th. We are just going to chat over coffee about her path within Elders In Action, and the steps she took and experienced as a student and volunteer trying to transition into the next level with non-profits. I am very excited about this and ask that you'd say a prayer that God would reveal things to me, open my mind to learn, light a fire in my heart to take chances, and that He'd close doors for me that aren't what He wants.
I think that is all for now...I think about a lot of you often and hope you are all well and happy! Prayers all around.
Shannon
Posted by Shannon at 3:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment